COVID-19 (coronavirus) VISITOR INFORMATION
Following the government’s latest advice, Hartlebury Castle will be opening its grounds to the public from Saturday 30th May 2020. Our priority is the safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff so please read the following advice for when visiting.
As Hartlebury Castle opens its grounds and plans for the future, we are working hard to ensure safety measures are in place to help prevent the spread of infection, while ensuring that you have a wonderful day out.
In the Grounds
Although our buildings remain closed, you are now welcome to visit Hartlebury Castle’s grounds and enjoy a walk around the Carriage Circle and moat. To ensure everyone’s safety we request that all visitors observe to the following:
- Maintain social distancing and keep 2m away from those not in your household.
- Please follow the one way signs directing you around the grounds.
- If queuing to enter the grounds, please use the tape markers on the floor
- If our car parks are full, we have reached our maximum site capacity. Please be aware of this possibility when deciding to travel. You are welcome to return later to see if space is available. Our car parks hold upto 50 cars.
- Toilets will be open on site with a ‘one household at a time’ system of use. These will be regularly cleaned and access will not require entering the main building.
- Please avoid touching surfaces unless necessary. We realise that handrails may be needed on our stairs, these will be regularly cleaned by our staff and volunteers.
- Please make use of the hand sanitiser which will be available at points across the site.
- We will not be accepting cash on site. We hope that you will support us if you are able to by making a donation during your visit. Text to Donate information will be available around the site.
- Enjoy looking at the beautiful flowers that have bloomed this season and spotting our local wildlife!
Our staff and volunteers will also be implementing the following procedures:
- Maintaining a social distance and keeping 2m away from you and others.
- Wearing appropriate PPE to protect themselves and others.
- Surfaces such as handrails which may require frequent handling will be regularly cleaned.
- Our toilets will be regularly checked and cleaned.
- We will not be handing out maps, however these and historical information boards will be displayed around the grounds for you to read.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hartlebury Castle with a warm smile.
Please keep an eye on this page and our social media channels for the latest updates & changes.
Follow us on:
Following the government’s latest Covid-19 statement, Hartlebury Castle have taken the decision that we are unable to open for the foreseeable future. Our priority is the safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff.
Our team at Hartlebury Castle, like many, continue to monitor all governmental advice regarding Covid-19 (coronavirus). We take our social responsibility very seriously, and following the government’s recommendation, we are suspending our events for the foreseeable future.
Please keep an eye on this page and our social media channels for the latest updates, historic facts and behind-the-scenes items. We’ll also be updating our website with new features during this period.
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and employees is our priority. Please keep safe, and we look forward to welcoming you at Hartlebury Castle in the future.
Follow us on: