COVID-19 VISITOR INFORMATION
Hartlebury Castle Grounds are now open.
Entry will be free (donations welcome) until 30th April, following which admission fees will apply. We hope to re-open the Castle buildings on Tuesday 18th May, in line with government guidelines. Click here for opening times and admission.
Our priority is the safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff so please read the below advice before visiting.
We are confident we can reopen safely and in compliance with the latest Government guidelines. We will be offering you a very warm welcome as always, but we have some new ways of doing things. We’re confident you’re still going to have a great time.
Planning Your Visit
- To allow for social distancing, we will be limiting the number of visitors at any one time. We will advise you on arrival if there is a short wait.
- Please only visit in groups of up to 6 people, or 2 households.
- Please only visit if you are feeling well.
- We are not currently operating a booking system or time-slots, but will continually evaluate this and introduce it if needed. Please check before you visit.
- If our car parks are full, we have reached our maximum site capacity. Please be aware of this possibility when deciding to travel. You are welcome to return later to see if space is available. Our car parks hold upto 50 cars.
- If queuing to enter reception, please use the markers on the floor.
- In common with all hospitality venues, Hartlebury Castle is supporting NHS Test and Trace by keeping a temporary register of all visitors. To do this we will need you to complete a very short form on entry to the Castle or scan the QR code with the Track & Trace app. Your data privacy is important to us and full details of its storage and use will be available for you to read.
- The reception and shop will accept card payments only.
- The shop will reopen on 12th April. To facilitate social distancing browsing will be limited to 4 people at a time.
During Your Visit
- Please maintain social distancing and keep 2m away from those not in your household.
- Toilets will be open on site with a ‘one household at a time’ system of use. These will be regularly cleaned. The accessible toilet and baby change will be available on request.
- We have installed hand sanitiser stations across the site which we encourage you to use.
- Light refreshments will be available in the Carriage Circle. You are also welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in our outdoor spaces.
- Please wear a face covering in the reception & shop building, unless you are exempt under government guidelines.
- The majority of the site will be operating a one way system. The route will be clearly signed and in any areas where visitors will have to walk in both directions signage will be in place to inform you and advise social distancing.
In addition, from Tuesday 18th May:
- Please wear a face covering in all of the Castle buildings, unless you are exempt under government guidelines.
- All areas in the County Museum are open though some roomsets in the County Museum will be now only be viewable from the doorway.
- For your safety, we have removed temporarily many interactive elements in our exhibitions and displays.
- Lifts should only be used if you are unable to use the stairs and can only be used by one person or household at a time.
Enjoy your visit to Hartlebury Castle and have a wonderful and safe day out!
Our staff and volunteers will also be implementing the following procedures and have been trained accordingly:
- Following an increased cleaning schedule, maintaining a high hygiene standard.
- Maintaining a social distance and keeping 2m away during interactions while still offering a friendly customer service to help you.
- Wearing appropriate PPE to protect themselves and others.
- Our toilets will be regularly checked and cleaned.
- We will not be handing out maps, however these and historical information boards will be displayed around the site for you to read.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hartlebury Castle with a warm smile.
It is possible that there may be other changes to access arrangements and safety measures as we attempt to find the safest solutions to the current coronavirus guidelines. If you have any particular concerns please call us before visiting to discuss the measures that are in place at that time.
Please keep an eye on this page and our social media channels for the latest updates & changes.
Follow us on: