COVID-19 (coronavirus) VISITOR INFORMATION
Hartlebury Castle will be re-opening from Saturday 4th July 2020 with the following opening hours:
Whole Site (Bishop’s Palace, Worcestershire County Museum & Grounds)
Friday: 10am – 5pm (Last Entry 4pm)
Saturday & Sunday: 11am – 5pm (Last Entry 4pm)
Worcestershire County Museum Only
Tuesday – Thursday: 10am – 5pm (Last Entry 4pm)
Where Worcestershire County Museum only is open, revised admission costs will be in place. These can be found here.
Our priority is the safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff so please read the below advice before visiting.
We are reopening as we are confident we can do so safely and in compliance with the latest Government guidelines. We will be offering you a very warm welcome as always, but we have some new ways of doing things. We’re confident you’re still going to have a great time.
Planning Your Visit
- To allow for social distancing, we will be limiting the number of visitors at any one time. We will advise you on arrival if there is a short wait.
- Please only visit if you are feeling well.
- We are no currently operating a booking system or time-slots, but will continually evaluate this and introduce it if needed. Please check before you visit.
- If our car parks are full, we have reached our maximum site capacity. Please be aware of this possibility when deciding to travel. You are welcome to return later to see if space is available. Our car parks hold upto 50 cars.
- If queuing to enter reception, please use the markers on the floor.
- In common with all hospitality venues, Hartlebury Castle is supporting NHS Test and Trace by keeping a temporary register of all visitors. To do this we will need you to complete a very short form on entry to the Castle. Your data privacy is important to us and full details of its storage and use will be available for you to read.
- The reception and shop will accept card payments only.
- The shop can only be used on your way into the Castle. To facilitate social distancing browsing will be limited to 4 people at a time.
During Your Visit
- Please wear a face covering in all buildings around the site, including reception, unless you are exempt under government guidelines.
- Please maintain social distancing and keep 1m+ away from those not in your household.
- The majority of the site will be operating a one way system. The route will be clearly signed and in any areas where visitors will have to walk in both directions signage will be in place to inform you and advise social distancing.
- In order to facilitate safe social distancing, the following upstairs rooms will remain closed in the Bishops Palace due to size/narrow access routes: Prince’s Bedroom, Maria’s Boudoir/Emilys hidden room, Hurd Library Interpretation Room & Chapel viewing room. All areas in the County Museum are open though some roomsets in the County Museum will be now only be viewable from the doorway.
- For your safety, we have also removed temporarily many interactive elements in our exhibitions and displays.
- Toilets will be open on site with a ‘one household at a time’ system of use. These will be regularly cleaned. On days where the County Museum only is open, the accesible toilet and baby change will be available on request.
- Lifts should only be used if you are unable to use the stairs and can only be used by one person or household at a time.
- We have installed hand sanitiser stations across the site which we encourage you to use.
- Hartlebury Castle Cafe will remain closed at present. You are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy in the grounds and on occasion ice creams and cold drinks may be available to purchase in the Carriage Circle. We do not have an indoor eating area.
- Enjoy your visit to Hartlebury Castle and have a wonderful and safe day out!
Our staff and volunteers will also be implementing the following procedures and have been trained accordingly:
- Following an increased cleaning schedule, maintaining a high hygiene standard.
- Maintaining a social distance and keeping 2m away during interactions while still offering a friendly customer service to help you.
- Wearing appropriate PPE to protect themselves and others.
- Our toilets will be regularly checked and cleaned.
- We will not be handing out maps, however these and historical information boards will be displayed around the site for you to read.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hartlebury Castle with a warm smile.
It is possible that there may be other changes to access arrangements and safety measures as we attempt to find the safest solutions to the current coronavirus guidelines. If you have any particular concerns please call us before visiting to discuss the measures that are in place at that time.
Please keep an eye on this page and our social media channels for the latest updates & changes.
Follow us on: