Hartlebury Castle is open from 1 February – 23 December each year.
|Tuesdays to Fridays||10am – 5pm|
|Saturdays, Sundays & Bank Holidays||11am – 5pm|
|Mondays (except Bank Holidays)||Closed|
Last entry 4pm.
Please note that we are closed on Good Friday in 2018.
The Hurd Library is open for visitors to look into on Tuesdays 11am – 2pm*
Please be aware that on Tuesday 30th October, the Hurd Library will be closed.
*Subject to volunteer availability, please call in advance if you are planning a special visit.
Partial Closure Dates
Please note that on some days, due to private functions, the Bishops Palace, State Rooms and Grounds will be closed to visitors. On these days you can still visit the County Museum and learn all about the history of the County of Worcestershire.
Dates in 2018 when visitor access will be to the Museum only are:
- Saturday 22 December
On such days admission prices will be:
|Concessions (over 60s & Students)||£4.50|
|Children (aged 5-16)||£3.00|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family Ticket (admits 2 adults & up to 2 children)||£15.00|
Whole Site Admission
Whole site admission prices include access to the Bishops Palace & State Rooms, Worcestershire County Museum, and the Castle grounds. On Tuesdays & Bank Holidays your ticket also allows you to see into the Hurd Library.
|Concessions (over 60s & Students)||£8.00|
|Children (aged 5-16)||£5.00|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family (2 adults & 2 children)||£25.00|
Annual passes are also available, allowing you to visit Hartlebury Castle as many times as you like in a year. A ‘whole site’ family pass costs £45 and an individual pass costs £22. Events and activities are payable separately.
Grounds Only Admission
For those of you who just want to visit the Castle grounds a grounds only ticket is available:
|Adult & Concessions||£2.50|
|Children (aged 5-16)||£1.00|
|Family Grounds Annual Pass||£20.00|
|Individual Grounds Annual Pass||£10.00|
Please note that Grounds Only tickets are not available on special event days.
Booking, Groups & Events:
Phone: 01299 250416
Follow us on Twitter
Information for Visitors with Disabilities
- An external glass lift allows all visitors access to every floor of the museum.
- The shop and Orchard Picnic Area are both wheelchair accessible.
- Dedicated car parking spaces and toilet facilities are available.
- Hearing loops are provided in shop and reception.
If you have any questions regarding access to the museum please contact us on 01299 250416.
For more information about the Museum’s accessibility please download our Access Statement before your visit.
- Cafe serving a range of hot and cold meals. Visit The Bishops’ Table Cafe page to see a menu.
- Old Moat Coppice nature trail & picnic area offer a pleasant place for a stroll (outside museum boundaries, available at all times)
- The Orchard Picnic Area is inside the museum and can be used for your own picnics
- Visitor Reception building with a well-stocked gift shop
- Lift to all floors
- Museum is pushchair friendly or pushchairs can be left in the museum lobby if you prefer
- Ample free parking
- Easy access to the many walks and footpaths on Hartlebury Common, a rare area of upland heath
We want Hartlebury Castle to grow into a major visitor attraction for Worcestershire. Our ambitious plans need your help and support and every donation has an impact on what the Trust is able to achieve.
There are a number of ways that you can donate to the project:
This is your opportunity to get involved and help us turn Hartlebury Castle into something really special. We couldn’t manage without our fantastic volunteers and we’re always looking for new people to join our friendly teams.
All you need is enthusiasm and a smile.
Sign up for News…
Keep up to date with site developments and our exciting events and activities.