Hartlebury Castle is open from 1 February – 23 December each year.
- Tuesdays to Fridays: 10am – 5pm
- Saturdays, Sundays & Bank Holidays: 11am – 5pm
- Mondays (except Bank Holidays): Closed
Please note that we are closed on Good Friday in 2018.
Partial Closure Dates
Please note that on some days, due to private functions, the Bishops Palace, State Rooms and Grounds will be closed to visitors. On these days you can still visit the County Museum and learn all about the history of the County of Worcestershire.
On such days admission prices will be:
|Concessions (over 60s & Students)||£4.50|
|Children (aged 5-16)||£3.00|
|Children under 5||Free|
|Family Ticket (admits 2 adults & up to 2 children)||£15.00|
Dates in 2018 when visitor access will be to the Museum only will be:
- Saturday 14 April
- Saturday 12 May
- Saturday 30 June
- Friday 2 November
- Saturday 22 December
Whole Site Admission
Whole site admission prices include access to the Bishops Palace & State Rooms, Worcestershire County Museum, and the Castle grounds. On Tuesdays & Bank Holidays your ticket also allows you to see into the Hurd Library.
|Concessions (over 60s & Students)||£8.00|
|Children (aged 5-16)||£5.00|
|Children under 5||Free|
Annual passes are also available, allowing you to visit Hartlebury Castle as many times as you like in a year. A ‘whole site’ family pass costs £45 and an individual pass costs £22. Events and activities are payable separately.
Please note that prior to 30 March visitor access is to the County Museum only.
Between 31 March and 6 May new areas of the site will be opening up, and the site will be fully open from Bank Holiday Monday 7 May.
If you visit between 31 March and 6 May and are unable to see the full site you will be given a free ticket to return later in the year.
Grounds Only Admission
For those of you who just want to visit the Castle grounds a grounds only ticket is available:
|Adult & Concessions||£2.50|
|Children (aged 5-16)||£1.00|
|Family Grounds Annual Pass||£20.00|
|Individual Grounds Annual Pass||£10.00|
Booking, Groups & Events:
Phone: 01299 250416
Follow us on Twitter
Information for Visitors with Disabilities
- An external glass lift allows all visitors access to every floor of the museum.
- The shop and Orchard Picnic Area are both wheelchair accessible.
- Dedicated car parking spaces and toilet facilities are available.
- Hearing loops are provided in shop and reception.
If you have any questions regarding access to the museum please contact us on 01299 250416.
For more information about the Museum’s accessibility please download our Access Statement before your visit.
- Old Moat Coppice nature trail & picnic area offer a pleasant place for a stroll (outside museum boundaries, available at all times)
- The Orchard Picnic Area is inside the museum and can be used for your own picnics
- Visitor Reception building with a well-stocked gift shop
- Lift to all floors
- Museum is pushchair friendly or pushchairs can be left in the museum lobby if you prefer
- Ample free parking
- Easy access to the many walks and footpaths on Hartlebury Common, a rare area of upland heath
Download our Visitor Map which shows you the various areas within the Museum as well as giving you a short history of the site.
Now your help is needed to turn the Castle into something really special. This is your opportunity to get involved in the journey to transform Hartlebury Castle. Every donation has an impact on what the Trust is able to achieve.
There are a number of ways that you can donate to the project:
We want Hartlebury Castle to grow into a major visitor attraction for Worcestershire. Our ambitious plans need your help and support. We need people with determination and commitment who will work together to help us deliver our vision.
Volunteers are central to the future success of Hartlebury Castle.